Self Love Mantras and Quotes to Remind You that You are Special this Valentine’s Day
This post is about self love mantras and quotes for women. Everyday, show yourself a bit of self love and remember that you are awesome and amazing just as you are. You deserve to be celebrated and cherished. No one can do that better than you!
Table of Contents
What self love really means
How to develop self love
5 Simple Steps to Self Love
Things to do to practice self love
Self Love Mantras and Quotes
What self love really means
Self love mantras and quotes have a very important role during the infamous Valentine’s Day. However, love isn’t just for Valentine’s Day. Everyday, remind yourself to love you unconditionally! If you ever want to be able to truly love another person, and be loved by someone else, you will first need to understand how to love yourself unconditionally. To give yourself self love, you have to accept yourself fully as imperfectly, perfect. You treat yourself with the kindness and respect that you expect others to give to you.
It also means that you nurture your growth and wellbeing in a capacity that not only focuses on how you treat yourself, but also with your ideas, thoughts, and feelings that you have about yourself. An easy way to begin doing this is by reading self love mantras and quotes. It isn’t something that you do in a day or overnight. It takes recurring intent to have self compassion, self awareness, and the ability to look within yourself to examine your mental and emotional state.
Self love is simply showing appreciation to yourself. Your self love is able to grow when you engage in actions that support your mental and spiritual well being.
How do you develop self love?
You grow your self compassion by allowing yourself to have positive, encouraging, and warm thoughts about yourself. Having positive thoughts about what you are capable of doing. Knowing that the goals that you set, you are absolutely capable of accomplishing. It’s also showing yourself kindness, especially when you are faced with challenges.
It’s speaking to yourself in a gentle, kind hearted, and uplifting manner and tone. If you don’t know what to say to yourself, start with a self love mantra or quote that resonates with you. It’s also halting thoughts and actions that are demeaning to yourself, your ideas, your accomplishments, and your future accomplishments.
When you are growing self awareness, you must learn to be mindful of your strengths and weaknesses. You must do this in conjunction with not being hard or down on yourself for being human, making mistakes, and having weaknesses.
You build your self awareness by learning to stay focused on your tasks and goals, setting healthy boundaries for yourself-especially between work and home life, and keeping an open mind. Remain open to new ideas, be flexible, and know that if you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to.
Self awareness is knowing what your emotional triggers are and learning to incorporate strategies that help you navigate these in a healthy manner. Self awareness involves you practicing self discipline and holding yourself accountable.
At the same time, you do this by having realistic expectations and not placing unrealistic demands on yourself so that you don’t personally sabotage yourself from the start. Doing these things help you examine and monitor your mental and emotional wellness by regularly reflecting on your thoughts, ideas, and decisions.
Using self love mantras and quotes will help you get into the habit and start building that “positive thoughts about yourself muscle.” Putting mental and emotional wellness first is not an act of selfishness, it’s an act of self love and necessity. It’s also an essential act of self care.
5 simple steps to self love
1. Stop comparing yourself and forget about others opinions of you. You are unique and were uniquely created to be the only version of you. Love every inch the beautiful masterpiece that you are.
2. Remember your value is not in how you look, but who you are. Looks fade with time, but character is everlasting. It can not be built, molded, imitated, replicated, injected or enhanced with technology. Beauty is not an outward appearance. It starts from within first, and then exudes through your walk, your talk, and your style. So, focus on within.
3. Remind yourself that you are human and you make mistakes too. Everyone puts on pants one leg at a time, but not everyone likes a track suit fitting jean- we all have something that makes us different and mistakes are just as unique( some of the time).
4. Trust yourself to make good decisions for your life and take every opportunity to grow. Life can present us with an opportunity of a lifetime. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by because you are second, third, and fourth guessing. You can do this, so just remember that you can.
5. Get rid of toxic people and things in your life. Shedding the things and people that don’t bring you joy can be difficult. Especially when it is a thing or person that has been with you for a while. Knowing when its time to stop being the bag lady is hard, but carry too many bags, unnecessary bags-when your on a long journey is even harder.
Things to do to practice of self love
- Start journaling! It’s a great way to reflect, get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper, and begin working making you a better version of you.
RELATED POST: Best Journaling Prompts for Beginners: Start Your Mommy Makeover for Transformative and Life Changing Results through Journal Writing for Self Care
- Speak affirmations– Write encouraging notes on your mirror or make inspirational message cards using the motivational quote printables from Smom’s Lifestyle.
- Plant messages of inspiration in your personal space and environment. Desktop wallpapers, smart watch faces, and mobile wallpapers are great examples. These are tools you use every day and throughout the day. Therefore, these are great ways to see these visual motivational cues regularly to pour positivity and love into yourself.
- Plan a family or friends night-surround yourself with positive minded people
- Joyful Movements for Happy Endorphins! When you engage in physical activity that raises your heart rate, you are raising your happy vibes-from the inside. Exercise increases happy chemicals like endorphins and you don’t have to do it at the gym! You can be right at home or even walking a block around the neighborhood. Trust me, it works! My daughter and I take a stroll around the neighborhood at least two times a week and sometimes more.
RELATED: Inspirational Quotes for Positive Mindset for moms in On-Line Business
Looking for Self Love Mantras and Quotes?
Check out these beautiful words of inspiration!
Quotes and affirmations to boost your spirits and increase your productivity.
What are quotes for self love?
- You were born to be real, not perfect
- How you love yourself, is how you teach others to love you -Rupi Kaur
- You’ve Got This
- Be proud of who you are and not ashamed of how someone else sees you
- To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness -Robert Morley
- Never be invisible to yourself
- Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. -Anna Taylor
- Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.-Hannah Bronfman
What are 5 positive quotes?
1. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
-M. Scott Peck
2. Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.
3. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
-Jean Shinoda Bolen
4. Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.
5. Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.
What are the best quotes for self love?
- Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine
- Color your thoughts, BEAUTIFUL -Jessica Gay
- This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.-Glennon Doyle
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.-Oprah Winfrey
RELATED: PODCAST EPISODE 4- FOCUS ON YOU MAMA
5. “When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.”
6. Today you are you! That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, ‘I am lucky to be what I am!…”
7. Don’t adapt to the energy in the room, influence it
8. We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?- Meghan Markle
What is a strong woman quote?
1. A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
– Carly Simon
2. She believes I can
She said I will
And so she did
3. Never let anyone who cannot bear your pain make you feel you are unbearable. Not everyone is capable of walking with you, but that does not mean you are not worthy of belonging.
-Morgan Harper Nichols
4. A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.
5. I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.
6. There is no greater force than a woman determined to rise
7. am woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that’s me.
8. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.
9. I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.
-Tracee Ellis Ross
10. You grow girl
These quotes for self love and empowering words will give you the inspiration and strength you need to tackle anything. Use these strong quotes for women as fuel to conquer your fears, overcome obstacles and challenges you may face in the present or future, and begin practicing more self love.
Begin your journey for self care. Self care equals self love.
Smom’s Lifestyle supports busy moms and women on your journey of creating the life you want while maintaining daily self care!